Thursday, September 21, 2006

Double Decker


Last night, a new trainee asked me why I put on the Weekly Workout Series.

“So you don’t charge a dime?” she asked, “You just do it out of the goodness of your heart?”

Yeah, I do it out of the goodness of my heart. That and I have some minor sadistic tendencies that need a good outlet. Luckily, I’m not the only one who finds growth through endorphin-riddled, sweat-soaked sprints and weight-tossing metabolic blasts.

This week, we’re bringing back the team race, Again Faster style.

The deck-of-cards workout is making its second appearance, albeit with a twist. Two decks, two teams. First team to make it through their deck wins. The concept is simple enough.

Clubs: Pull-ups
Spades: Beck’s Burpees
Hearts: Overhead Squats
Diamonds: V-ups

Pull the Eight of Clubs, everyone does eight pull-ups. Two of Hearts, two overhead squats. Etcetera. Face cards count as ten, the Ace as eleven.

The entire team must finish before the next card is pulled. 52 cards later, we’ll have a winner. Start thinking about who you’d like on your team now, so I can disappoint you later.

The Again Faster Weekly Workout Series is not paid for in dollars. It’s paid with effort, perseverance, and sweat. It will be free until somebody starts charging me, and then I might suck up the cost anyway. It's just that much fun.

See you at the Pond, 8:00 a.m. sharp. If you need directions, shoot me an email.

Go faster!

Image courtesy of onlinepokernews.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon ....I'm there.

Thor

9/21/2006 05:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home