Thursday, September 7, 2006

So Sorry


Sam and I will be out of town this weekend, traveling up to New Hampshire to visit my folks. Unfortunately, that means no Again Faster Workout.

It doesn’t mean you guys can’t get together over at the Pond for a little madness and suffering. You don’t even have to bring the sign or help me lug dumbbells across Arborway!

Continuing a recent meteorological trend, it’s going to rain on Sunday. Suck it up, and go bang out Boston Murph.

Run the loop around the pond, do 100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 squats (in any order or combination), and run the loop again. You’ll love every agonizing moment.

Use the comment board to arrange a meeting time and place. I suggest 8:00 a.m. by the pullup bars—it’s become a tradition.

Any natural-born leaders out there?

Go faster!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon and Sam -

I'll miss your usual exuberance, but I'll be there at 8:00 AM. I'll bring my AgainFaster bar for additional pull-up space in case other CrossFit crazies folks want to partake in a rainy Murph.

Enjoy NH.

Thor

9/07/2006 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Gilson said...

Awesome, Thor! I thought you might step up.

My first day of Crossfit, I was a puddle. I don't remember what the workout was now, but it killed me.

I was sitting on the floor of the old gym over in Brookline Village, and Nigel came over.

He looked down at me, and asked if I wanted to go do Murph at Jamaica Pond with him and Thor. He knew I was going to say no, but he asked anyway.

I laughed, because Murph was the last thing I wanted to do, and I knew from reputation that I'd never finish it.

"Um...no thanks, man."

I'd never been to Jamaica Pond, and it was the first time I'd heard it mentioned.

Once again, gentlemen, I'm bowing out of Murph at Jamaica Pond, but not by choice. This time, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You guys rock! Get some!

9/07/2006 08:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home