Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Faster Fifty


We're back. The Again Faster Weekly Workout Series is on for this Sunday. According to weather.com, it's going to be a beautiful day, and I'm not one to argue with the infallible folks at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They're always right!

We'll be at the Pond at 8 a.m., cranking out an Again Faster version of the Crossfit classic, "Filthy Fifty".

For time:

50 Sledge swings (10#/8# hammer)
50 DB Good mornings (20/30/40#)
50 Double Unders
50 DB Swings (20/30/40#)
50 Push-ups
50 One-armed DB Snatch (20/30/40#)
50 Burpees
50 Sandbag Cleans (25/50# bag)
50 Sit-ups
50 Pullups

This is a high-volume metabolic conditioning workout--great preparation for our Fight Gone Bad Fundraiser! On September 30th, Crossfit Boston, Crossfit MetroWest, and Again Faster are joining forces to raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation with a full day of FGB. The event is only two weeks away, so get your conditioning in now!


If you haven't signed up to participate, you can register on Sunday. We still need athletes for all our time slots! If you can't make it, we're accepting donations via the team website or in-person.

See you on Sunday!

Picture of Jamaica Pond courtesy of grif.org.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banged out the WOD in 26+. Had to resort to jumping pull-ups after 15 regular ones, courtesy of my non-existent lats.

Thanks, Jon, for setting things up and being a prime motivator. Thanks also to all who showed up. Please believe me when I say that I consider myself very fortunate to be surrounded by you all,who work hard and motivate me to perform. The collective vibe I get from you all means a great deal to me. Thank you.

Lastly, thanks to Neal who got me started on X-Fit 18 months ago. One class with him was all it took.

Best,

Thor

9/17/2006 06:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home